Thursday, February 16, 2012

Snow Bunny

I've been skiing since I can remember, and snowboarding since my dad told me skiing "isn't cool anymore" when I was about 14. And although I am accustomed to the active snow world, I have never felt very cute in my snow clothes. Being the fashion lover that I am, my lack of confidence in my snow style has made me very insecure on the slopes. 

But this season things are changing! I finally went snowboard pant shopping with the main criteria being stylish! After shopping around, I realized that name brands make a huge difference in the design and look of snowboard pants. Surf brands, like Volcom and Roxy, had the latest trends and cutest styles for being a trendy snow bunny. The surf brands seem to have done the best at this by taking the silhouettes and lines that are most seen in their popular street styles and channeling them into their snow designs. 

I found some great deals at a snow outlet, but was less than impressed by the styles. Everything there was no name brands and function over form. Don't get me wrong, function is important with snowboarding gear, but the style and form are just as important for such a cool and trendy sport. so I ended up finding a great sale on the top name brands in snow like Burton, Volcom, Roxy, and 686. I bought hot pink Volcom pants with a low-rise boyfriend jean type of look, deep back pockets, and a single black printed pocket. To go with it, I got a blue Roxy jacket with straight lines and all the great features and pockets of a good snowboarding jacket. 

Now, I finally feel like one of those cute snow bunny chicks carvin' up the slopes!




No comments:

Post a Comment